Sunday, October 18, 2009

Week #6 ♦ Thing #14 ♦ Technorati & Tags

I had explored Technorati for another class, and I’ll be honest, I’m not in love with it. I guess I just never really have time to sit and read other people’s blogs (unless it is for this class! Heehee!) When I search the web I am usually looking for factual information quickly, and blogs are the last place I look. For the sake of this task, I spent some time exploring again and I was shocked to find that I got 0 hits out of 825402 blogs for both classroom learning 2.0 AND school library learning 2.0! I am a sucker for gossip, so the TMZ.com blog and Gawker.com peaked my interest.

I can definitely see the value in tagging. I just joined the Facebook craze, and you can tag photos, videos, and even posts and comments. It is great if you are looking for someone with the same hobbies or interests, but it can be a problem if you wish to remain anonymous in cyberspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment