Monday, September 7, 2009

Week #1 ♦ Thing #2 ♦ Lifelong Learning

I am really excited about this course! I don’t consider myself “tech savvy,” but I do enjoy working with technology and trying new things. I can still remember my middle school days and discovering email and chat rooms. With college came Instant Messenger, digital cameras, iPods, and much more advanced cell phones. Now a decade later, I have the coolest resources at my disposal and I am excited to learn how to use them! I upload my son’s pictures to his online website/ blog so our family across the country can see him, take digital video of him so I can remember his milestones, I am fluent in the language of text messaging, and I use the Smartboard in my classroom everyday to keep my students actively engaged in my lessons. I look at technology as something that makes my life easier- and these days I will take all of the help I can get!

I have also always considered myself to be a lifelong learner. I am constantly seeking new opportunities to grow- spiritually, mentally, socially, and physically. Whether it is a dance or yoga class, a road trip, or just a good book, I am open to discovery and I welcome new opportunities. I am definitely organized- a true blue list-maker, so the first of the 7 ½ habits, “Begin with the end in mind,” epitomizes my philosophy. I have to set goals for myself. However, sometimes I get so focused on the task at hand, I have a tendency to forget the last but in my opinion, most important habit, to play. However, now with my baby boy, my priorities have shifted and I realize that there is nothing more valuable than my time with him and he reminds me that my greatest reward is my family and that I can always find the time to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment